Kidspiration is very unique as it uses visual thinking methodologies to provide a cross-curricular visual workspace for K-5 learners. Students combine pictures, text, numbers and spoken words to develop vocabulary, word recognition, reading for comprehension, writing and critical thinking skills.
- Very user friendly and keeps the student's attention.
- Develop strong thinking skills.
- Strengthen reading and writing skills.
- Build conceptual understanding in math.
Kidspiration Explanation Video
NetSmartz is an interactive, educational program of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children that provides you with age-appropriate resources to help teach children about internet safety. This website is extremely important for anyone with children that uses the website for educational or non educational purposes.
- The website's focus is with children ages 5-17.
- There is a section for both parents, educators and law enforcement.
- Provides videos, games, activity cards, and presentations.
- Offers a Spanish language option.
NetSmartz Workshop Overview Video
Discovery School is a free resource website that helps you transforms classrooms, empowers teacher development and captivates students by leading the way in providing high quality, dynamic, digital content to school districts large and small, rural and suburban and everything in between.
- Videos are very high quality and can be streamed or downloaded.
- Lesson plans expand from K-12 in multiple subjects such as Science, Math, English, Social Studies, Health and Technology.
- Great Puzzle Maker that will assist you in making word searches, mazes, cryptograms and etc.
- Offers great free teaching kits in multiple subjects.
Discovery Education Overview Video
AssistiveWare was Founded in 2000 and has successfully established itself as a leading innovator of Assistive Technology software for iOS and Mac OS X with over 125,000 customers worldwide while making a difference in peoples lives.
- Communication solutions for people with Autism, Apraxia, Aphasia and other diagnoses.
- The company’s flagship product, Proloquo2Go is an award-winning Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) application for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch that provides a “voice” for people who have difficulty speaking or cannot speak at all.
- Support for reading, writing and second language learning.
- Mobile solutions for social development, scheduling and sharing memories.
AssistiveWare "In Action" Video
Spritz has a mission is to change the way people read and make communication faster, easier, and more effective.
- The time consuming part of reading lies mainly in the actual eye movements from word to word and sentence to sentence. In addition, traditional reading simply takes up a lot of physical space.
- Spritz solves both of these problems. First, your eyes do not have to move from word to word or around the page that you’re reading.
- In fact, there’s no longer a page – with Spritz you only need 13 total characters to show all of your content.
- Fast streaming of text is easier and more comfortable for the reader, especially when reading areas become smaller.
- Spritz’s patent-pending technology can also be integrated into photos, maps, videos, and websites for more effective communication.
- This is a definite "must see" (no pun intended)! You can try it out on there website to see how many words you can read per minute!
An Overview Of Spritz Reading Video